Preity Zinta filed a case of molestation against ex-boyfriend Ness Wadia on late Thursday night. The couple parted in 2009, and it was a pretty decent breakup as was formerly assumed since we saw no ‘breaking news’ form of coverage of it.
Priety filed a case against Ness in context to the ill-treatment faced by her on 30th may at Wankhede stadium, during a match which pitted Kings X1 Punjab against Chennai Super Kings. In the case Wadia was held accountable under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman).
10 must-know facts/ 10 points that show the progress in the case:-
- Priety and Ness broke their 5 year long relationship recently; reason for the breakup is not disclosed by either of the two.
- A national daily was told by its sources that Preity was upset as Wadia was seeing someone else. Sources close to both Zinta and Wadia said that Wadia had gotten close to the girl in the last two months when the IPL were hosted in the UAE.
- Preity told media in a statement that Wadia had violated her modesty and harassed her in front of the spectators by grabbing her by the arm and abusing her in front of everyone around.
- Preity also said that Wadia had been molesting her ever since the breakup.
- As to why Preity didn’t file a case earlier, she answered in a statement that she had to leave the state for work purposes and filed the complaint at Marine Drive Police Station as soon as she got back.
- Wadia said to all this that, these allegations are false and baseless. She could not have been treated that way since she was surrounded by bouncers at all times.
- Preity in a recent statement said that the complaint was not lodged to offend anyone but only to protect herself and her rights.
- Questioning the "delay" in taking action in the case, Maharashtra State Women's Rights Commission has given the city police a 24-hour ultimatum to arrest Wadia.
- Zinta wants a statement to be taken from the president of IPL since he was present at the time Wadia forced her to sit together with her when the president of IPL intervened.
- Police is forced by Maharashtra state Women’s Rights commission to take an action as soon as possible since this incident took place in a public place. Police said to this that they will try to find the CCTV footage along with taking statements from the bystanders.